When I first read the directions for this blog post I honestly had to think about consequences and how they are not always a negative impact. Consequences are something that happens due to something else, and I believe that I have experienced good consequences throughout this course.
1. The first consequence of learning about the international early childhood field is that I want to reach out to children more in my personal life. I want to work towards making a positive impact not only in my classroom but around the world as well.
2. The second consequence that I have had was professional. As a teacher, I want to reach out in my community by doing more research on things that are going on in and around the school in which I teach. By looking at the international early childhood field, I am able to bring learning from different cultures into my classroom.
3. The third consequence that I have had is a professional. Throughout this course, I was able to learn from colleagues in this course. We continuously collaborated and discussed with one another, and I believe this helped me to grow as an educator.
One goal that I have is to do more research on issues in trends of the countries that my students come from. I believe that this will help me to embrace, and bring their cultures into my classroom. I feel as though this will help me continue to learn and grow as an educator in the future.
Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post. I liked your view on consequences and really caused me to look at the word differently. Your third consequence was very relatable. Week after week, we are able to learn from one another and take some of the information into our own classroom. By simply doing this, you are making an impact around the world. I wish you all the best and hopefully we will connect in the near future.