This week I continued my look at the website that I have been following, Global Fund for Children.
Every week when I get on this website to explore I am always greeted with "Partnering to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued." (Global Fund for Children, 2020).
That quote ties in so perfectly with everything that we have been working on in class the past two weeks; equity. The whole goal of this website is to create equal opportunities for each and every child around the world.
I then took a short exploration of their services page, which can be found here. Each organization has support tailored specifically for them. Each partner gets the chance to define the goals that they want to set and meet. This all ties into their theory of change as well as their approach.
What I have found so important about this particular website is that they really do work towards making children feel equal. They work with teams and people to create equal partnerships and build lasting relationships to help children. As educators that is what we do on a day to day basis. We are trying to create equal opportunities for each of our students to grow. This is an important trait for us as educators, to carry into the future.
Heather, equality is very important in today's society. We have the same rights as the next individual. But society is so vain about someone's race, sex, and nationality. I have a familiar quote posted inside my classroom that says, "Teamwork makes the dream works." I agree that we must continue to create equal opportunities for children and their families to grow into great excellence.
ReplyDeleteHi Heather,
ReplyDeleteTeaching is the most collaborating field that I know. In many cases, teachers are always working together to figure out what the best way to help students be successful. It's also very important that students feel safe. In a day and age where students have to grow up so fast to protect themselves for the norms of society is truly heartbreaking. I wish the children these days had a chance to be kids.