Resources

Meet the Teacher Hi ya'll my name is Heather Beard, and this is my early childhood education blog.  I am second grade teacher in Mary...

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Early Childhood Advocates

This week I continued looking at my website the Global Fund for Children.  This week I wanted to look through a professional lense when it came to viewing how the fund looks into supporting children and families through politics and economics.

Their main goal is "Partnering to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued."  This being said I wanted to see how they invest in children around the world.
Check out this video to see exactly what they do:

https://youtu.be/vwb1uJxFUcc

From this video, I was able to see that they seek out extraordinary leaders who are willing to stand up and support children, at any risk. When I think about this I think about how amazing this is. These people are not only working with children but for children.  They want to rescue these children and develop positive relationships with these children. They are work to develop the minds of children no matter their current situation.  These children want to get off of the street and connect with their families.

This is the type of investment that children need.  They need to know that people are there to stand up for them, and to work with them. It is our job to support all children in order for them to thrive.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I agree that the individuals in the video were extraordinary leaders. It is going to take more individuals to join in and take a stand to improve early childhood development issues and concerns. Our job as educators is to invest in children as well.

    ReplyDelete