Resources

Meet the Teacher Hi ya'll my name is Heather Beard, and this is my early childhood education blog.  I am second grade teacher in Mary...

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Week 6 Blog Post

This week I decided to look at what the global fund for children does when it comes to breaking down boundaries in the lives of children around the world.  You can visit their website here.

In one of their Grassroots newsletters, they talk about how there should be good preparation in order to help those in other countries.  The program is very optimistic in what they do in order to give children opportunities that would not normally be readily available to them.  You can read the article here.

Ther are many other articles that speak on the values that shape their vision when it comes to working with children as well as working with cultures.  The goal is to be frugal with resources that they do use. The Global Fund for Children partners with organizations in more than 35 countries.  What an amazing amount of work they put forth in order to break down boundaries.  You can read more about what the fund does here.

Every week as I delve deeper into the website of the Global Fund for Children, I find more and more of what they do, and how they work to support so many different programs in so many different countries.  The amount of work that they do is impressive.

I think that breaking down barriers is important in all aspects of early childhood education.  When it comes to the children of the world, it is important to find as many types of communication and support as possible.

References:
https://globalfundforchildren.org/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,

    I also reviewed The Global fund for Children website and found that they are incorporating a new system for one of their programs. “Each year, GFC offers the Maya Ajmera Sustainability Award to a few of its highest-achieving partners” (Historic GFC award gets a new selection process, 2019). They are taking members that use to receive funding from this particular program and placed them on the board because they know firsthand what’s needed. This reminds me very much of Early HeadStart and HeadStart programs because they promote from within if possible.

    Reference
    Historic GFC award gets a new selection process. (2019). Retrieved, from https://globalfundforchildren.org/news/historic-gfc-award-gets-a-new-selection-process/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, your blog was very interesting, I loved how I could read the articles by clicking to it. The articles were very good on how The Children's Fund is working with other organizations to break some of the barriers that exist in the educational system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    Young children are faced with so many obstacles, especially if they live in a poverty community. Global Fund for Children is an awesome organization that support the well-being of children and their families. I am sure that as they continue to advance in their work and commitment to the cost many of these barriers will be broken.

    ReplyDelete