Resources

Meet the Teacher Hi ya'll my name is Heather Beard, and this is my early childhood education blog.  I am second grade teacher in Mary...

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Week 8: When I think of Research

Welcome to our eighth and final week of EDUC 6163.  I wanted to start this blog post by saying how truly grateful I am to have worked with each and every one of you.  Your feedback has been most beneficial throughout this course, and I appreciate being able to read your posts as well as interact with you on a weekly basis.


When I think of Research...




Why is your simulation important to the field of early childhood?

My simulation is important to the field of early childhood because it looks in depth at the culture within the early childhood classroom setting.  It also delves into the communication between parents and educators, and how to better improve that relationship.


If you were to conduct your simulation proposal, who would benefit?

I feel as though parents, students, and educators would benefit if I was to conduct my simulation proposal.  I feel as though students would benefit because their teachers and parents would have a better understanding of the student and their activities within the classroom as well as within the home setting. 



What are some of the ways your perceptions of an early childhood professional have been modified as a result of this course?

I feel as though I have gained a lot from this course. I think that as an early childhood educator I will be able to use these techniques throughout the rest of my career.  I have also gained insight into conducting my own research and understanding the data that I have collected. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Heather, so glad we have made it to week 8. Your proposal is such an important one, building relationships between teachers and families it so significant to success of the child. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and insight this semester. Best wishes for the future courses.

    ReplyDelete