The website that I chose to research was Child Research Net. The link to this website can be accessed here.
This website was very user-friendly and based out of Japan. There are many different projects as well as papers & essays that a reader can access on this website. The website has reports and projects from countries around the world.
One of the recent essays that I found was entitled: Survey on children's Everyday Life. This article can be accessed here.
This particular survey was a mailing survey that was distributed as a self-reporting questionnaire. I like the idea of a survey like this. It had more than one survey sent out over a period of years so that data could be collected from 1995 through 2015.
I was also interested in the page on the website labeled multicultural education. I found this page interesting because there multiple papers and essays having to do with students and comparing different types of education and early childhood development from around the world. This particular link can be found here.
I think that using a website like this would be beneficial in research because it touches on many different topics, and gives data and research for the reader to look into.
Hello Heather,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the informing of the Multicultural Education website. I love any website that compares different types of education and early childhood development around the world. I find it so interesting to learn about things that we do alike and different within education.
Heather,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about Child Research Net. It is wonderful to learn about how other children learn around the world and the kind of education they receive. Thank you for including the link!
Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this information. This website is very intriguing. I like how they conducted a survey over a span of 10 years simply through mailing the survey out. I'm also interested in the Multicultural Education website. It is always interesting to hear about different perspectives for different countries.
Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog. I am familiar with Child Research Net as well. Surveys are a great way to collect data. Mailing surveys are very confidential and can be anonymous. Mailing surveys can have the potential to be thrown away or lost; however, I think they are a better option depending on the target audience.
Heather,
ReplyDeleteI thank you for having me look at this particular website from a different perspective. When I first opened up the page, I found it to be highly busy and alot going. I revisited the things you mentioned, and it does have a wealth of information to share. I truly appreciate your review.