I have posted the resources that we were able to access this week, now I would like to add a few more resources that I found on my own. These can also be found at the bottom of my page, under the resources page.
The first resource that I found pertains to my state of Maryland: This gives insight into curriculum, childcare, and more.
https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/child-care-providers/early-childhood-curriculum/early-childhood-resources
A second resource I would like to include is a book that I read with my team this year. I even suggested it to one of my parents at the beginning of the year. She loved it. How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen
https://www.scribd.com/book/335179249/How-to-Talk-so-Little-Kids-Will-Listen-A-Survival-Guide-to-Life-with-Children-Ages-2-7?&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=adwords_nonbrand&utm_campaign=Google_DSA_Ebooks_US&utm_term=&utm_device=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwgqbpBRAREiwAF046JZpcJ3Gk2-As4RL82rjlawL7A7dHuMSLk4fkZ9G3KywdO-n94SZP4xoC0CQQAvD_BwE
There is a follow up book called:
How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and How to Listen so Kids will Talk
This is also a fantastic resource, because it gives you tips and tricks that help children/students feel comfortable when talking to you; not just about education
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/769016.How_to_Talk_So_Kids_Will_Listen_Listen_So_Kids_Will_Talk
Finally the website of the author's of this amazing book. This is a resource not only to learn about the author's, but other books they have written as well.
https://www.fabermazlish.com/
Hi Heather I liked reading your post especially the book How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and How to Listen so Kids will Talk. This book is what is needed to be an ice breaker for kids to have an conversation. In society kids put on a tough role and this book will help everyone involved.
ReplyDeleteIt's an absolutely wonderful book. My principal suggested it to my colleagues and me this year, so we read it as book club at the beginning of the year.
DeleteHi Heather,
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check that book out! I'm in a very small school and we've never done book reads or anything like that as a staff. We have a new superintendent this year though, and I'm really hopeful for something like that. Thanks for the recommendation!
Lea Ann
Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to your blogs.
Jezelle