Resources

Meet the Teacher Hi ya'll my name is Heather Beard, and this is my early childhood education blog.  I am second grade teacher in Mary...

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal Level

 The first career that I found that I would be interested in can be held in any part of the country.  This career is Family Child Care Provider.  This career interests me in that a family child care provider understands the concepts, principles, and theories that have to do with early childhood education.  Ther is also an understanding of curriculum that can be used to help children succeed from infancy into secondary education.  Family childcare is more than just an opportunity to work with children on curriculum, but real-world issues as well.  I would love to be a family child care provider for the intimacy and one-on-one opportunities of working with children of different ages. 

Reference: https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/system/files/filedepot/3/careersinec_direct_care_services.pdf

A community of practice that I would like to be involved in that that focuses on anti-bias education (which helps with my challenge for my capstone) is the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).  This community provides me with information on what anti-bias education is and articles, books, and journals that can help me gain more knowledge of being an anti-bias educator myself. There is also the opportunity for me to take action by volunteering, becoming an advocate/partner, as well as a donor. 

Reference: https://www.naeyc.org/resources/topics/anti-bias

Another community of practice that caught my interest is Teaching for Change.  This is another community of practice that focuses on anti-bias education and "building social justice starting in the classroom."  This group gives resources for the classroom including books, articles, and short films to help beter understand what anti-bias education is and how important it is in the classroom.

Reference: https://www.teachingforchange.org/anti-bias-education







No comments:

Post a Comment