Resources

Meet the Teacher Hi ya'll my name is Heather Beard, and this is my early childhood education blog.  I am second grade teacher in Mary...

Sunday, November 1, 2020

6357: Week 8 What I have learned

 This course has given me so much.  I feel as though I have had the opportunity to challenge myself and approach what makes me feel uncomfortable in a way that helps me to learn each day.  One hope that I have when I think about my continued work with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that I continue to push what makes me feel uncomfortable aside so that I can give my students what they need in order to succeed.  

My goal is to continue to think about what makes me uncomfortable and reflect on it.  Once I reflect on it I want to be sure to work within the community in which I work in order to ask questions and learn about my own biases.  I want to always remind myself that I have the opportunity to learn and that I should take those opportunities whenever they are presented. 

I want to say thank you to each of my colleagues.  I appreciate each and every one of my colleagues because they help me to find new ways to approach my questions.  You each have helped to challenge me to be a better educator.  I wish each of you luck as you continue on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment