Resources

Meet the Teacher Hi ya'll my name is Heather Beard, and this is my early childhood education blog.  I am second grade teacher in Mary...

Sunday, July 5, 2020

6165 Week 1

Someone that I see having very good communication skills when it comes to talking to people is the pastor of my church.  He takes time each week to research the message that he presents to the entire church.  Not only does he present us with new information, but gives us challenges as well.  He tells us to look up certain things, or talk to family members about what we have learned about from the sermon for the week.  He also uses different forms of communication in order to reach out to everyone in our church, young and old alike.  I would like to model my communication skills after him because he is approachable while also knowing the material that he is speaking about.  If he does not know the answer to something he asks others in the congregration and than makes sure to follow it up with further research.  I feel that this type of communication is important because it helps to see how its still okay to ask questions and learn more about the subject that you are working on.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    How funny is it that I contemplated using my pastor as a person that does an awesome job communicating but I used my cousin who is great with communicating. In hearing you share how well your pastor conveys his messages I can relate as my pastor does the same and I feel his ways of communicating his messages helps me to grow as a person and see things from other perspectives. I like that you are able to approach your pastor on topics that you are curious to learn more about. I was once attending a rather large church and was unable to share my concerns or ask questions which was not a good feeling to have unresolved emotions on certain topics. I always want to have the option of being able to ask questions if I am in need of clarity or just in need of more information.

    Violanda

    ReplyDelete