Expanding Horizons
I have chosen to look at the Global Fund for Children throughout this course. On their home page they state that their mission statement is this:
"Partnering to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued."
I am excited to learn more about this fund through their emails and newsletters.
Part II:
Expanding Resources:
So what does the Global Fund for Children do?
Their website gives a step-by-step plan of how their organization works.
Their step-by-step model can be accessed here
Their goal is to help find organizations that in their early stages of development and fund them and help them to improve, in order to give children the greatest support possible. I love the idea of this and working with others as partners, especially when it comes to helping children to improve. I also love the fact that they work with their partners to "walk" in order for them to have the opportunity to "run" on their own. It will be very interesting to explore this website, and others like it as well in order to learn more about it.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Heather,
ReplyDeleteI too was highly impressed with the Global Fund for Children podcasts. It's an organization that helps countries worldwide and anyone can apply. They are, “partnering to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued” (http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/, n.d.). The National Head Start Association has the Head Start Advantage program that assist the needs of children and it's families on all levels as well. I look forward to seeing what these two corporations have to offer in the near future.
Reference
The Global Fund for Children: An organization which provides capital to communities worldwide to improve the lives of children. http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/