There are quite a few relationships that I would like to talk about personally, and the effect that they have on my life. I am blessed to have each of these individuals in my life. They include members of my family and my best friend.
The first relationship that I would like to touch on is the relationship that I have with my new husband, Ethan. He has had such a positive impact on my life in recent years. He supports me in everything that I do and constantly makes me feel safe. He's the reason I went back to school to pursue my Master's degree, and he is the reason that I get up every day and go to work. We are building a life together. Without his constant love and support, I would be lost.
The next relationship I want to talk about is the relationship that I have with my daddy. I will be honest, it was not always a picture-perfect relationship. We had our difficulties and we had our struggles. When I was born he was not exactly sure how to be a dad, but he did honestly grow in his position as a father. In high school and college, I had the most difficult time believing in myself. I was not confident in the work that I did. When I was about 7 years old my daddy started taking me on daddy-daughter dates. This was a chance for him to show me the worth that I did have, and the worth that I still have. He would just talk to me. He would talk about my success and about my failures. In high school and college, this continued. These "dates" are one of the reasons that I have more faith in myself as an adult today. I am so glad that I have someone like this in my life to turn to when times get tough.
Next is my Mama. I'm sorry for all of the wedding photos, but they are what I most recently have available. My Mama and I have a different type of relationship. When I was growing up my mom and I would constantly fight. Now, she is one of my biggest confidants. I turn to her for everything. I talk to her about my marriage and my work the most. She is my encouragement when I am struggling with my students. My mom was always my secret cheerleader when I was growing up, and for that I am thankful.
Next comes my little brother, Ian. He has been my constant friend. We are three years apart so we have literally grown together. Our education and other aspects of our lives are constantly affecting how close we are to one another. We taught each other many lessons over the year. I have been blessed to grow up with someone so close in age to myself. We are able to learn lessons from one another and are able to call each other out when we are not showing the growth that we should.
Last, but not least, is my best friend Kelsey. We became friends when we were eleven years old. We literally grew up together in so many ways. This is one of the most important relationships for me in my life. She helps me to see my potential and is always ready to help me whenever I need it.
When I think about these relationships I realize how truly blessed I am. If I did not have these types of relationships I don't know if I would be where I would be today. When I look at my students I realize how important it is for everyone to have the same kind of support that strong relationships give us.




Hello Heather,
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful family!!! Congratulations on you new marriage! Family is everything and you seem to have great bonds that can help you teach children how to maintain bonds. I also love how you stated that all the relationships were not always great!
Hello Heather, great post! First off I want to say congratulations on your new marriage! I love how you admire the people in your family relationships the most. Reading about your post shows that you would be able to show your co workers and your students the importance of having families always involved.
ReplyDeleteHi Heather,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your first blog. Each relationship was described in detail and I really felt apart of the family. I can tell you are really passionate about the people you care for. I was able to connect with you with all your relationships, especially your father. My father and I did not have the best relationship at first; however, over time we began to learn one another and our relationship was solid. While he was here, my father taught me many things, such as self-worth and how a man is suppose to treat you, just as your father. Cherish those moments. You made a number of connections to your work, which shows how each of these people in your life inspire you to be the best educational professional.
Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!